Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

2 Books That Will Inspire You to Run


I love to run (with audiobook, of course). I am not a great runner (3 miles max), I am not a fast runner (snail speed is a thing, right?), and I am not a Japanese genius or Mexican Indian (sad, I know). 

The great thing about running is that just about anyone who wants to can be a runner. It's easy to learn (hello, two years old), requires little or no equipment and can be done almost anywhere. Also, it prevents heart disease the number one killer of Americans, so... here is what inspires me to get up and go for a run. 


 

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running

by Haruki Murakami


Hands down, one of the best books I read last year, this memoir/story/marathon training log still comes to mind whenever I put on my runners and hit the sidewalks.
This author by trade started running to stay healthy and progressed to accomplishing THE Athens to Marathon marathon, the New York City Marathon and an Ultramarathon in Japan.
He attributes running to fueling his writing, which is inspiration enough for any creative or wannabe creative person to give it a try.


Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen

by Christopher McDougall

What books inspire you?

1 comment:

  1. You should read ultra marathon man. I think you will like it!

    ReplyDelete